Cooking in the Florida Heat

Cooking in the Florida Heat
Click Photo to like us on Facebook

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Raspberry Sorbet


My sister Judy says that I'm the little devil on her shoulder whispering in her ear that she should eat this. And this. And that! Guilty as charged! I love dessert! And when it's tart and sweet at the same time like this raspberry sorbet, I'll shout it out loud! The flavors are so fresh and vibrant you'll want to make it over and over for your family and friends.


You can substitute different fruits for a variety of flavors!

Raspberry Sorbet
Pucker up!!

1 cup organic sugar
3 tbsp Lyles Golden Syrup (White Karo syrup will work as well)
1 cup water (Bottled water preferred but not distilled water)
1 pound fresh raspberries
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice


In a small heavy saucepan heat Sugar, Lyles Golden Syrup and Water over high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Cool syrup.


Place berries in a food processor or blender and purée until smooth. Transfer purée to a bowl, stir in syrup mixture and lemon juice. Chill mixture until very cold.

Place mixture into an ice-cream maker and run for about 20 minutes or until desired consistency. Serve the sorbet immediately or transfer to an airtight container and put in the freezer.
Makes approximately 1 quart.

3 comments:

  1. oh it sounds sooooo good..gonna write it down and try it......

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering. This one is going into the recipe box for sure. Aralynn would love these. Can I take this same mixture and mold them into fruit pops?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never made fruit pops with them but I don't see why not. Give them plenty of time to harden and let me know if it works and if Aralynn likes them :)

      Delete

Feel free to let me know what you think about this recipe.